Restaurant Review - Thaya - Hong Kong




Thai or Vietnamese?




Impression


Being opened for a while, this newly decorated place has attracted a number of diners nearby. I am not even living close to here but thanks to my good friends, our girls night out has been arranged here and I was all good to try some Thai food :)

Our night started with Fried Rice with Soft Shell Crab Mango and Cashews (HKD 115). It was bearing a distinctive crunch of the soft shell crab together with the sweet-and-sour-alike cubed mango. If offered nothing less than what we expected and I particularly loved the natural earthy flavour of the roasted cashew. Side note: I am a huge fan of soft shell crab hehe.


Grilled eel is always one of my favorite dishes and belongs to my must-order. Despite my knowledge of what it was, the first bite of this one was still a surprise - crispy, fresh and rich. The meat has been grilled just the right amount of time, making it very moist inside and is absolutely irresistible.


Grilled King Prawn with Garlic Butter (HKD 160) was a good one though priced quite high given that there were only 3 prawns (their size were large, so fair enough). We liked the garlic butter spread on top which has level up-ed the freshness of the prawns.



Grilled Pork Neck (HKD 75) was really addictive yet surprisingly tender and light, and we couldn’t stop spooning mouthfuls of the sour sauce that came alongside. The price was fairly reasonable for this one.



Wrap up

I do not regret travelling all the way to here and give it a try. The classic dishes have never disappointed us with its seasoning and cooking skills. The menu has been divided into two parts - Vietnamese and Thai. Personally, I prefer Thai as their flavoring is richer and closer to my liking. If I ever come here again, I would probably stick to Thai!


Thaya // 852-2542-7777 // Facebook page
_______________________________________
If you would like to read more reviews like this, like our page!

Comments

Popular Posts