Restaurant Review - Rambashi Donburi - Hong Kong



Enjoy the freshness when having your Donburi lunch set. 




Impression

The place is located in one of the prime locations in Hong Kong - Tsim Sha Tsui. The reason I emphasized this aspect is because the restaurants nearby come and go quite frequently in my opinion. Pardon me if I exaggerated a little bit - I found a new restaurant opens (meaning one being closed) for every 1 or 2 years in this area. Needlessly to say, competition was fierce and for some reasons I always hope the newly open restaurant could stay here for longer than the previous one as they could learn from the experiences.



I have ordered Rambashi Donburi lunch set (HKD 168), inclusive of miso soup, salad and drink. Yes, I think this set was their trump card so you cannot figure out what has been included just by reading the name. These side dishes were all within expectations, nothing really wow-ed or disappointed us.


Sea urchin, cubed Hamachi, shred crab meat, Pink Prawn and cubed salmon are included. As a side note, I do not usually fancy donburi because of their tendency to make every ingredients shred/cubed. I understand this is for easier handling (eating) for customers. But I always feel like they are not "as a whole" and makes me feel they are not of superior quality... Weird me. Anyways. ingredients were fresh and the marinated ginger that garnished the donburi was excellent. Maybe it's homemade? We’re glad we have tried it as I usually do not fancy ginger that much...




Wrap up


I heard that there's always a long line during weekdays lunch hour outside this place. Fortunately we came during later hours i.e. 2pm so it was not that crowded. With its convenient location and quality of food, definitely a go-to place if you are in the mood for some donburi - I am thinking some fried pork chop for my next visit haha.

Rambashi Donburi // 852-2244-3238 // Facebook page

______________________________________
If you would like to read more reviews like this, follow our page!

Comments

Popular Posts