Restaurant Review - Chroma Cafe & Kitchen - Hong Kong


The dish that makes me want to come back again!


Impression



The 36-hour Slow-cooked Shoulder Butt in BBQ Concasse Sauce (HKD 98) was a good one. Everything's so on point - the meats were tender with good seasoning. I could tell the BBQ Concasse Sauce has been carefully made to suit the flavour of the pork. The time needed for making this dish is something I appreciated as well. Afterall, 36-hour means 1.5 day! One thing that could be improved is the presentation, it did not look too yummy!


This Seared Scallops in Mentaiko Sauce Fettuccine (HKD98) is the best pasta I have eaten in a while. The crab roe cream sauce was very rich in flavour. The butter, cream, white wine, herbs and pull pork roe all mingled to create a spectacular dish. The stir-fried mushroom adds a smokey flavour to this food item. I got myself a bottle of tabasco sauce from the counter but I did not ad any of it, because the pasta is too perfect and I do not want to change the taste in any ways.


Meet and Exceed?

The charm for sure goes to the Scallops Fettuccine because of its excellent combination of sauce and ingredients used. It might look like a simple dish with many places serving this one. But it still gave me a big surprise by adding something special into the item. I also appreciate the whole dinner set includes a starter, a drink and a dessert too. Quite a good deal!

Chroma Cafe & Kitchen // 852-2341-2638 // Facebook page

____________________________________
If you would like to see more reviews like this, follow our Instagram and Facebook page!

Comments

Popular Posts