Restaurant Review - Au P'tit Pho Vietnamese Restaurant (Updated) - Hong Kong



Serving Vietnamese lunch with heart.


(Updated on 29-12-2018)

During this second time-visit, I have opted for the Vermicelli Phnom Penh (HKD 48) during lunch hour. The soup base was being served separately with the vermicelli, I guess it is to ensure the quality of the noodles. The prawns were a bit more tiny than I thought, but what surprised me was the wide variety of toppings! Not only the prawns, but also generous amount of minced pork and sliced pork belly with enough fat on them to be melted in your mouth haha. The soup base is slightly salty but the lime has done his part.


For in-taking additional fiber, this Garlic Oil Vegetable (HKD 13) is needed lol. Really appreciated they have boiled it with the right amount of time and served really fresh. As the name suggested, the flavour of the garlic was quite strong and I love it!



Impression 

It has been a while since the last time I had some nice Vietnamese dishes. For how long? Probably more than a week! So you could see I was greatly attracted to this place when I saw it haha. Another bar is also using the same space so for one second I doubted if I have gone to the wrong place. Anyways, it's another interesting experience to be in a bar environment while having some Vietnamese food lol.



Here's a closer look of my Garlic Boneless Chicken Thigh with Cold Rice Vercemili (HKD 50). It may not look like so, but truly the garlic chicken thigh is fresh out of the frying pan. The cold noodle is very refreshing to eat. Add the vinegar and all the herbs and chili to make it even more tasty. The only thing is, as you can see in the picture below, they are being presented in quite a casual way. It tasted great, just the toppings were a bit all over the place.


The Buttered Chicken Wings (additional HKD 18 for 3 pieces) is deep fried with a crispy skin, tender and juicy inside. The flavour of butter was not as strong as I expected, but of course the taste of chicken is so much more obvious. Served hot and the result is the best! Also how they managed to make it not really oily even just being deep-fried is something I appreciated too.


Meet and Exceed?

The classic Vietnamese rice vermicelli never bored diners in all the possible ways. The cooking method may sound simple - boiled or fried, but the emphasis of this is more than the method - but the toppings, herbs and ingredients used when preparing it. This time I am yet to give their soup base a try, but this cold one has somehow convinced me they have put great efforts in seeking the authentic and tasty recipe. Even the seemingly-simple dish needs to be drilled to the point that it brings comfort to people.

Au P'tit Pho Vietnamese Restaurant // 852-2543-4878 // Google Map

____________________________________
If you would like to see more reviews like this, follow our Instagram and Facebook page!

Comments

Popular Posts