Restaurant Review - Cafe Fresca (Updated) - Hong Kong

Awesome salad for my lunch!


(Updated on 9-12-2018)

Last time I came here trying their chicken wrap with salad and was impressed. So here I am, coming for the second time to try another item that they provided on the lunch menu. By the way, I saw half of the diners ha e ordered their salad/wrap; whereas half of them ordered the lunch set which is usually the Daily Pasta.



This time I have ordered Mushroom and Roasted Pepper with Vegetable Salad (HKD 88) which came as a surprise to me because of the 3 slices of French baguette! Not only that, the quality of they 3 were high, crispy on the outside and soft inside. How I enjoyed them? Put some grilled mushroom and peppers on top. Even more yum! The pepper have been seriously grilled that they were very very soft and juicy. I can taste some natural sweetness from them. This plant-based salad has for sure lived up to the price and I am again feeling impressed. Also, I have ordered the Earl Grey (HKD 20) as the drink.



Impression

I came here alone for a quick lunch, the so-called grab and go because of my busy busy working schedule lately. I am fully aware about what is mindful eating but the work simply did not allow me to be that "mindful" all the time lol. I am trying, and will keep on trying. This place offers a variety of Western healthy dishes including salad and daily pasta which are quite appealing, with reasonable price too.



The Quinoa Salad with Grilled Chicken was really awesome (HKD 95). Pardon this photo because I have asked for skipping the spicy sauce, so the original one you ordered may not look the same as this one. The butter was super smooth and flavourful, and the taste of the grilled chicken was really out of my expectations. Silly smooth meats! The spicy sauce mixed inside was a good combination and you can feel that it takes much efforts in preparing it. Best ever. Of course the salad itself was good enough with the sliced nuts and dried fruits.


The price setting was actually not low for a quinoa salad meal, but with its high quality of meat, veggies and the dressing, I have to say it was in really good value. A cup of tea is included too, by the way, but not pictured here.


Meet and Exceed?

I was surprised by the quality salad they provided - even though it was as simple as you can imagine, still, many efforts have been put in creating the food items including the way to make them more nutritious. Food are not only for our taste buds, but also our belly/waistline. Next time, I am going to give other items on the menu a try!

Cafe Fresca HK // 852-2374-0001 // Facebook page 

____________________________________
If you would like to see more reviews like this, follow our Instagram and Facebook page!

Comments

Popular Posts