Restaurant Review - Tin Kee Dumplings Restaurant (Updated) - Hong Kong

A local restaurant with economical yum food!



(Updated on 12-10-2018)

This updated version has shown how much I like ordering side dishes lol. Coming here for the second time, focusing on the non-dumplings items again since I found this page of menu more attractive haha.


This Marinated Beef Shin (HKD 38) is slightly below my expectations. There's enough sauce given but the taste was quite light and did not really give me the feeling of being "Marinated". The Sliced beef shin were thin and I would expect a bit larger portion. However, I do like how they put some veggies under the beef to balance this meaty dish. 


The special thing about this Steamed Choi Sum with Shrimp Roe (HKD 20) was the added shrimp Roe. I am not sure about whether the shrimp sauce is homemade or not, but I did find them quite fresh with the earthiness of shrimp. I would say the oyster oil is not needed as the flavour of the shrimp sauce is strong enough to give the taste a kick, otherwise it is a bit too salty for this version. Solely the sauce and the Steamed veggies could be a great combination.




Impression 

Very often, we look around and try to explore some low-key local restaurants to see if there's any hidden gems that yet to be discovered. Sometimes we would be surprised, but more usually was the other way round. This time I came here alone for a quick afternoon tea. Limited seats but with great lighting and neat surroundings.


Both items that have been ordered are cold dishes. The first one is the Spicy Fungus (HKD 24). The size of the fungus were in general relatively tiny, and there's so so much chili and spicy sauce! I have to say it does not taste as spicy as it looks but it was definitely the Sichuan style.


The next one was the Wine Preserved Chicken (HKD 45) which has totally surprised me because of its parts given. Usually the parts with many bones or fats are given, but here, it was the leg part with quality meats! The flavour of the wine was nothing less than expected - strong enough to satisfy my belly. Yum yum with reasonable price.


Meet and Exceed?

The menu is simple with few items on it - with a focus and dedicated idea to specialized in making them. The highlight here was the homemade dumplings that are made freshly daily in the kitchen with around 8 flavours. Unfortunately, I did not have the chance to give it a try this time, but I would go for it as the first thing for the next visit.

Tin Kee Dumpling Restaurant // 852-6360-2640

____________________________________
If you would like to see more reviews like this, follow our Instagram and Facebook page!

Comments

Popular Posts